There are so many examples of Jesus being gentle, soothing and calm. I want to have these attributes in my life more this year.
I’m not sure how I am going to work on this as at this goal-setting moment except the following. So if I come up with more ideas as I go, I may add to this list.
- Pray to be gentle, soothing and calm, particularly in stressful moments;
- Study and ponder the word “gentle” in my scripture study and as I go throughout my day;
- Write down what I learn from the experiences God provides for me to learn;
- Attend the temple weekly whenever possible;
- Say no to invitations to commitents that would overextend me so that I can have time and space to be peaceful and get ready for bed starting at 8:30 pm;
- Remember when I’m having hormonal changes to be patient with myself so that I can be more patient with others;
- Focus on the Savior and plead for his help, even praying outloud in the moment of need.
Here are posts I’ve written during 2017 related to this goal:
Watching videos that celebrated #worlddownsyndromeday reminded me that being around children with all kinds of needs helps me be gentler: #notspecialneeds just human needs